Thursday, May 27, 2010

GOTH (2008)

Why was this movie made? When I saw this DVD titled GOTH sitting on the shelf in the New Releases Japan section at my local video store I nearly lost my mind. A horror movie about Japanese Goth Girls!!!! That's gotta be the greatest idea of all time! Sadly though there are no goths at all in this movie. WTF? It's just a lame murder mystery about a serial killer who's chopping off normal girl's left hand and leaving the corpses in artistic settings. Interesting idea, but the lame part comes when a emotionless teenage boy teams up with an emotionless teenage girl to study (not catch) the murderer. Somehow within just a few days they've got more clues than the police including the murderers personal notebook/diary that details everything...even the location of a corpse that hasn't been discovered yet!!! Give me a fucking break!

Anyway, [SPOILERS!!!] they find out who the killer is and don't do shit. In the end the girl tells the boy about how she had a twin sister who died in a morbid suicide game they used to play when they were little. OK.

[End of SPOILERS!!!]Skip this movie. It's boring, the story ultimately goes nowhere and the actors are all lifeless. Worst of all is the overcontrast way the entire movie was shot. I hated it. I'm not sure what the director was going for, but he failed.