Sunday, September 5, 2010

FRIGHT NIGHT (1985)

"Oh, you're so cool, Brewster!"

High school student Charley Brewster has some problems.  He's failing Trig, his best friend is an annoying dork and his girlfriend is unattractive, but worst of all: his new next door neighbor is a goddamn shit-sucking vampire.  (Wait til mom finds out!)

I'm tempted to describe more of the story, but honestly, if you love vampire movies (or just great 80's movies in general), you should just quit reading my shitty review and go watch the movie.  It's fantastic!  FRIGHT NIGHT is honestly one of the best vampires movies of all time.  I'm totally serious.  I love this movie and can easily sit down and watch it anytime.

Roddy McDowall should've been nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his portrayal of local TV horror host Peter Vincent.  He's amazing.  That moment when he looks in the mirror gives me chills every time I watch it.  Perfect pace, great cinematography, strong cast, awesome as fuck special effects, good music, badass lighting, tons of great quotes...fuck, I love this movie!

Highly recommended. Double feature with THE LOST BOYS.

Part 2 - Fright Night Part 2 (1988)
Remake - Fright Night (2011)
Sequel to remake - Fight Night 2 (2013)