Sunday, October 11, 2009

TERROR EYES (1989)

That cover is fucking awesome!!!

How the heck, I mean, fuck could you resist something like that?! Saturday afternoon I was walking through the video store, minding my own business, when I saw that cover and instantly filled my pants to overflowing with jizz and human shit. It was love at first sight and I had to have it. I bought it, rushed home to watch it and you know what? It was better than OK. And that's saying something cause I really expected it to be so goddamn horrible that I couldn't even watch the entire thing, but I watched it all and even enjoyed it for the story and of course I got some really good laughs out of it.

Right from the beginning you know you're in for a treat cause it starts doing fucked up mind tricks and the actors were really excited, especially Daniel (RIVER'S EDGE, FINAL DESTINATION) Roebuck who is completely balls out the whole movie. I don't know if he was on coke or just knew he was in a movie that nobody would ever see so he decided "Fuck it. I'm going over the top with every goddamn line!", but it works and I really enjoyed his crazy screaming antics. Another thing that makes this movie such a delight was it's without a doubt pure 80's cheese. The set decorations and the clothes were hypnotically bad, but in a good way.

The story is about this broad who's hired (by Satan no less!) to write a movie script for a horror movie so she goes camping with her friends and they all tell crazy stories including one that reminded me a lot of SAW and another of GROUNDHOG DAY. I'm not kidding! I'm not going to get into all of the stories, but there's a whole lot going on in this movie and I, for one, really enjoyed it. It's definitely worth the few bucks I paid for it. Even though there's not any nudity or even much violence I cannot even imagine how fun this movie would be late at night in a theater full of drunks and dopesmokers! It would be insanity!
Scan from an interview with Daniel Roebuck in "Psychotronic" #27.