Tuesday, November 23, 2010

PREDATORS (2010)

Twenty years from now people will still be talking about how badass the original PREDATOR was. Twenty weeks from now nobody will remember PREDATORS was even made.

Eight hunters from Earth are kidnapped and dropped off in a huge rain forest planet where three Predators hunt them. The End. That's about it. Whatever you're imagining happened during the hunt is probably better than what actually happened. And I'm completely serious about that too because I've read fan fiction online that had a better story than this lazy, predictable snoozer.

I had high hopes for this movie, since I love the original so much, but after watching it I found the entire thing so soulless and bland that I don't even know what to say about it. It's boring and it sucked. That about sums it up. Skip it with a vengeance.

I also really disliked all the little winks to the original (minigun, "ugly motherfucker", Little Richard song). How about skip trying to be clever and instead concentrate on making a fucking movie with some actual tension and adding depth to the characters so the audience might actually give a fuck if they die or not?

I would have been interested to see what Chan-wook Park or Jee-woon Kim could have done with this story.