Friday, May 21, 2010

ANOTHER PUBLIC ENEMY (2005)

What

the

fuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkk?!

I've seen some weird shit in my years of watching movies, but I've never seen anything like what happened with PUBLIC ENEMY 2! In the original the character Chul-jung Kang (played brilliantly by Kyung-gu Sol) was a badass homicide detective who was so fucking wild that he was damn near a gangster himself! He was constantly beating people up, pissing off his supervisor and at one point he even took a shit right on the fucking sidewalk!!! In this horrible sequel there's still a character named Chul-jung Kang, once again played by Kyung-gu Sol, but this time he's a by-the-book public prosecutor! And the story has nothing to do with this first movie! What the Hell is going on here?! It's bullshit!

I rented this movie, very excited to see a bigger, badder story about Det. Kang kicking even more ass than before, but that doesn't happen. The only way I can describe it to you is imagine if when they released LETHAL WEAPON 2, Mel Gibson wasn't some crazy cop, but instead he's Perry Mason! That's what happened here.

What's even weirder is the guy who directed Part 1 is the same guy who directed this shitty sequel. Very strange. Fuck this movie, it's fucking horrible and what's even worse is it's 148 minutes long!!!! WTF? Even as a stand alone movie it's boring and overlong.

I disliked this movie so much I didn't even want to waste time taking screenshots. I did take one though cause it was the dude who played the principal in LOVELY RIVALS.

Part 3