Wednesday, August 31, 2011

COLLATERAL DAMAGE (2002)

As far as Arnold movies go, this one is pretty boring. In the opening few minutes, his wife and kid are exploded all to fuck by a terrorist bombing.  After the government proves it can't bring the terrorists to justice, Arnold goes to Columbia to kick in some bootieholes. Unfortunately, this isn't a sequel to COMMANDO and Arnold doesn't kick in much bootiehole at all.  In fact, he spends most of the movie grunting, overacting, falling down and making stupid decisions.  The story is constantly moving forward, but it's so weak and lifeless, that I honestly didn't care what happened to anybody.

Unoriginal story, boring action, a lot of people too stupid to live, zero nudity, only one really good Arnold moment (his grunt while going down the elevator shaft), government agents barking shits like "I want that in 10 minutes!", an absolutely horrible looking waterfall scene, John Leguizamo rapping while wearing a post-Cliff Burton Metallica shirt.

Worth watching (I guess) just to check it out for yourself. As for me, I'll probably watch COMMANDO another 50 times before I re-visit this snoozer.