Friday, June 15, 2012

AMALFI: REWARDS OF THE GODDESS (2009)

Japanese kidnap/political thriller (filmed entirely in Italy) about a Japanese diplomat who gets involved with the case of a young Japanese girl kidnapped two days before a big political summit. His bosses are all butthurt at him for getting involved when he's suppose to be working on protecting the summit but he stays on the case anyway.

Ehh, AMALFI was mildly entertaining, but it never really grabbed my attention. None of the characters were very likeable, the story was too predictable/safe, the kidnappers were pussies and it seemed like everything just fell into place to solve the crime. Worth watching, I guess, if you're really bored, but as for me I'll never watch it ever again. Even the presence of the superhot Erika Toda from the DEATH NOTE series didn't ease my apathy for long.