Saturday, September 26, 2026

THE BUNKER (2001)

The Bunker? More like The Clunker!

Germany, 1944. A small group of Nazi soldiers with British accents hole up in a forest bunker and proceed to spend the rest of the movie arguing with each other. Yawn. I’m sure there’s a story somewhere in this mess, but within 10 minutes I straight-up didn’t give a single fuck about anybody in this movie. Why? Cause they're all Nazi soldiers! What am I supposed to have some sort of empathy for them or something? They’re fucking Nazis! Looking at the DVD cover, you see Nazi skeletons with guns, so you’re thinking it gonna be some sorta DEAD SNOW situation (preferably Part 2, since it was better), but no. There’s literally zero connection with the cover to actual reality. Ninety percent of the movie is a group of sweaty Nazis in dank tunnels yelling at each other. Fuck ‘em all. It’d be one thing if some zombies started ripping them to shreds, but no, there’s no zombies at all. I have no fucking clue what that cover art is even referring to! I don't even understand how this is considered a horror movie.

All male cast (with a few familiar faces), boring sets, boring forest, muted colours, dim lighting, zero action, zero zombies, zero blood, shit ending. Skip this entire thing with a vengeance. It's not even worth watching for free. I’ve farted better scripts than this.

There is one ray of sunshine though: the appearance of Andrew Tiernan made me remember how perfect he was in Midsomer Murders episode “Picture of Innocence” (S10.E6) where he played an annoying douche who starts a feud between people who like digital cameras and people who like film cameras. Hahaha. Fuck, that’s such a great episode!