Monday, April 2, 2012

THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE II (FULL SEQUENCE) (2011)

As you don't remember, I was bored to tears by the first HUMAN CENTIPEDE, so I had no intention of watching the sequel, but I got a few requests to review it so here it goes:

First off the film is a comedy. I wasn't expecting that at all, but the lightheartedness was welcome and breathed some life into the already stale story. Also it's shot entirely in B&W, which kinda threw me for a loop at the beginning, but I got over it quickly enough. If director Tom Six had been thinking a little bit more artistically he would had turned the film into colour (THE WIZARD OF OZ-style) at 1:03:55, then slowly decrease the colour towards the end, but he didn't so enough about that.

The story is about this hideously ugly dude who's a big fan of the first film and he wants nothing more in life than to have a human centipede of his own...so he can fuck it!  To gather people for the centipede he simple attacks everybody he comes in contact with and stores them in an old warehouse. The majority of his victims he collects at his job as a parking lot attendant. How he can get away with assaulting and kidnapping nearly everybody that walks by, I have no idea, but logic isn't what we're looking for here. What viewers of THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE II are looking for is balls to the wall gore and depravity. So does THC2 deliver? Kinda. It's pretty much what you would expect (forced surgery, shitting, teeth removal, etc.) but there were a few surprises. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say: barbwire, sandpaper, tongue and gas pedal.

Compared to the original, I actually like this one way better and really enjoyed that tubby crazy dude. He was awesome and you can't take your eyes off him! The film kinda reminded me of the first time I saw NEKROMANTIK back when I was a handsome teenager. Just for that alone I recommend it. Here's hoping they can keep the momentum going and Part 3 will be even more fucked.

Part 1 - The Human Centipede (First Sequence) (2009)
Part 3 - The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence) (2015)